Sunday, May 29, 2011

Day Three- Explorations and Exhibitions






Today my boss decided against going back to the biennale, I was fine with this decision because I kind of wanted to see a different part of town and get more photographs of Venice. I am up early and out way before them. I settle on against bringing a map and head right out with just my camera. I want to cover as much ground as I can because I have too little time in Venice and too much of Venice for my time. I wander around taking random turns trying to work my way farther from the hotel to see parts that I have not seen before. I took many pictures as I explored for a solid 2 hours. I meet Darryl and Mark back at the hotel then we head to the Dorsoduro, one of the six districts that Venice is divided into. Its only about a 10 minute walk to the Dorsoduro from our hotel in San Marco. We are bound to the Peggy Guggenheim. At the Peggy Guggenhiem they are currently exhibiting the Ileana Sonnabend collection. Ileana Sonnabend was to be among the greatest art collectors of late 20th century contemporary art. Her collection of art along with Peggy’s art collection blew me away. Amazing works by the worlds top artists. I learned a lot about Peggy as well as Ileana’s and Rauschenberg from Darryl’s lecture as we went through the show. Lunch at the gallery was amazing as well as dinner- Sea Bass at a nice restaurant. 


Pictures:











No comments:

Post a Comment